Thursday, August 20, 2009

Normal

I had such a lovely time visiting friends and family last week. Honestly, i felt so blessed to be able to meet up with people and hang out and have normal converstions, without the worry of having a fit. It was such a joy to see people who i hadn't seen for ages. I miss them a lot.

In fact, on Saturday i felt normal for the first time in years. That might sound wierd, but i guess over the last few months i still haven't been living a particularly normal life, even though i haven't been having seizures. Anyway, i got to the end of the day and realised that i had been pretty busy, doing normal things, with normal people, and hadn't even thought about the possibility of having a seizure. It hadn't even crossed my mind. Normally it would always be in the back of my thoughts. Anyway, it was very refreshing to realise this! It made me smile a lot. And on Sunday, at Church, i think i had a constant grin on my face. Along with general things like tiredness and illness, certain types of music also had the potential to trigger a seizure in me. This used to make worship at Church a constant battle - and it grieved me deeply - even when i didn't have a full body seizure, i often had speech arrest (i used to get this just before a fit, but sometimes i just got that, without it turning into a whole convulsion) Anyway, i can't describe how amazing it was to be able to worship freely, without the music hindering. 

Honestly, I will stop writing about my epilepsy soon! - i know a disproportionate amount of posts have been about this recently! I just can't help it. 

No comments: