Monday, August 24, 2009

If you took me...

If you took me to a road of dust, scattered with stones and ash...

And you said ‘dance’. I wonder, would i dance?

If the air was dense with dirt, so i could barely breathe...

And you said ‘sing’. I wonder, would i sing?

If i couldn’t see what was ahead, a heavy mist clung to the sky...

And you said ‘run’. I wonder, would i run?


Or would i say....

....... 'if i dance, i’ll cut my feet'.... 

............... 'if i sing, i’ll surely choke'...

....................... 'if i run, i might trip up'...


I’d like to dance.. if you’d take my hand and dance too

I’d like to sing...    if you’d breathe the words into my barren soul

I’d like to run.....   if you came and ran with me.


I just know.... i can't do it on my own.


1 comment:

Becky Fox said...

But maybe if we danced and sang and ran,
Then the stones would just dissolve,
Maybe then, your song would clear the air,
Maybe then, i'd see the way ahead,

And the wilderness would spring with life,
My eyes would see your blossom, not the mist,
Your rain would water my thirsty soul.