Sunday, March 11, 2007

As empty shell..

"As empty shell in depths of sea, so would i sink, be filled with Thee." - Amy Carmichael
The desire in my heart today is so deep and real and raw that it almosts hurts with longing after God. I am empty, and as a shell i would sink to the depths of the sea if that would fill me with Him. I read in Spurgeon's daily reading something which encouraged me though. It was on the following verse:
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." - Matt 5.6
Very simply it said to remember the promise contained in that verse - if you long after righteousness you will be filled - And it said if that's the case, then how much more will you be filled if you long after the one who is Righteous. That makes my longing feel so sweet. "It will be filled." How thankful i am for that promise. It brings hope and joy to ease the pain of desire right now.

No comments: