Monday, February 15, 2010

This day.

This day, 5 years ago, was possibly one of the strangest days of my life. I have another blog, that i started to write about 3 years ago. I only wrote a few posts, explaining the period prior to my epilepsy and the onset of my seizures. It was a private blog, purely for my own benefit, so that i had an accurate memory of things in the future. In the side panel i wrote: "This is my story of insanity's face: the account of my seizures; for honesty's sake." Anyway, i just re-read the post that correlates to this day, in 2005. Honestly, i don't even know how that day alone didn't turn me insane. What i do know though, is that whilst i don't mind that those few weeks existed and accept it was part of God's plan for me, they have affected the person i now am massively. And i'm not certain that i want that to be the case. I don't want to be afraid to step out or hope for big things, and i don't want to be held back, just cos i keep remembering how confusing those weeks were. However, aside from this, i do want to declare today that God has been so incredibly faithful and patient and good to me these last 5 years. And despite my confusion and my doubt and my weaknesses, He has been merciful to me time and time again. I praise Him for this. And i praise Him for these 5 years, because it has both shown me the extent of my weakness and need for Him, and taught me so much more about His tenderness and mercy and faithful care.
 

No comments: