Friday, June 08, 2007

The watchmaker's suitcase

"Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said. I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning. "It's too heavy," I said. "Yes," he said. "And it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you." - from 'The Hiding Place' by Corrie Ten Boom

2 comments:

deb said...

That's amazing! I love it! I was just looking at my 2 year old niece and thinking how funny she is and just how much she has to learn. I love how we're children of God and he doesn't expect us to know it all right now, but that we grow into the things he has for us. debcreasey_1@hotmail.com

Our God is an awesome God,
He reigns from heaven above,
with wisdom, power and love
Our God is an awesome God!

Love deb x

deb said...

Sorry for the random email addresss in there, it was supposed to be in my username box but i obviously pressed something at the wrong time!! x