Tuesday, June 26, 2007

..burst..

"But i will sing of your strength;
I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
For you have been to me a fortress
and a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
for you, O God, are my fortress,
the God who shows me steadfast love."
- Psalm 59.16-17 -
I just read this and thought to myself how true it is and how it makes me want to sing. I also just remembered a short period i spent in hospital in Sheffield, when i was in a little room by myself wired up to a machine for a few days. I remember thinking to myself at the time that it was completely incredible that Jesus was there with me, in that little room. I remember knowing more distinctly than ever that He was there and all was okay. I had been very confused so was grateful for that peace. It's not like i always so tangibly feel that awareness, maybe it was because people were praying for me, i don't know. Sometimes i feel 'distress' instead. But what i do know is, that whatever i tangibly feel, i am so happy that i do have God looking after me and that He is my refuge. Why am i writing this? I don't know, except that i suddenly feel that awareness again and feel i could burst with thankfulness right now, and so guess i am letting it out here.

2 comments:

deb said...

Praise our beatuful hunk of a God! (No offence meant Jesus, but you are!) Ooh I love him and I love to hear that! x

Unknown said...

You're an inspiration always. x