Wednesday, April 02, 2008

... A quarter of a Century...


"The slopes behind the woods were misty with bluebells, and through the thin veil of young green i caught a glint of kingcups. I was so happy it almost hurt....."  

I love the above quote. It's from the Tanglewoods' Secret, by Patricia St. John. And although the picture i've included doesn't quite match, i don't mind, because i love the picture too... and it's of poppies, in a misty field, so it's kinda similar! My Mum took it. It's my 25th birthday today. Theoretically i'm actually still 24 because i was born at 4:25 in the afternoon..... but in 25 minutes time i truely will be 25. Strange. I still feel like a kid. That quote is from a children's book too and i feel most happy when i'm around kids. On Monday a lady from my church invited me to spend the afternoon with her and her children and my dog.... we went to a nearby reservoir and i have to say that it was so refreshing and fun. My dog behaved amazingly well too, which was a relief. I don't know what it is about children that makes me love them so much, but i do. Anyway, i'm 25 now, so i can't pretend to be a child myself for much longer!

At the weekend i saw my old housemate Jen, it was a complete joy to spend time with her and she gave me some beautiful irises and roses .. i wanted to put a photo of them on here but my camera is not co-operating! The photo below is of a card that my other old housemate, also called Jen, gave me for my birthday. I love it. It's by an artist named Jenny Frean:

Today, more than anything else, i want to thank God for giving me 25 years of life so far. What a privelege to be alive. What a privelege to belong to Jesus.

"Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and all that is with in me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not His benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisifies you with good, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." - Psalm 103

No comments: