Saturday, April 12, 2008

A miracle

About 5 years ago i reached a point of despair and anguish.... the worst i've ever experienced.... i don't know why it got so bad, but it did. I was just overwhelmed by life. Originally i wrote more about this, but i don't think it's necessary to include that anymore, words can't really explain it accurately.... all i need to say is that i needed God's help badly.

At the beginning of 2004 i experienced what i can only describe as a miracle. One day i woke up and just felt so much more free and felt fresh joy again. I remember i wanted to sing with happiness all morning. And from then on i gradually just felt a sense of relief. I don't know quite how it happened, but my head felt clear again and i felt like the burden and pain was gradually lifted. I stopped feeling so overwhelmed and felt new hope again. The physical problems i was having also eased. And the biggest change was probably in my mind. I remember i fully felt at peace in trusting God's sovereignty and realised again that it truely all is about HIS glory, and therefore He knows how to work all things out to that end and i just have to trust Him, even with the salvation of my friends and family. My whole mindset was changed and somehow i was able to trust God in a new way. It might not sound like a miracle, but the crucial thing was that i had nothing to do with this new change. I had reached a point of desperation and was unable to help myself in any way. It was so clearly God who broke into my heart and mind and helped me. It was the biggest miracle i have known since my salvation.

For about the next 9 months i experienced new hope and joy nearly every day. I knew such beautiful freedom and genuine joy that following summer, it was incredible. I would go to the park and dance and sing and i'd wake up every morning truly excited about spending time with God and about life. God gave me hope again and humbled me greatly.

The next thing that happened, whilst i still was in this great period of freedom, was that my epilepsy started. I think that the only way i was able to deal with my epilepsy was because God had already broken me and taught me to trust the goodness of His sovereignty the previous year. I could truely trust Him with my epilepsy and felt little fear over it..... i knew that somehow God would work it out for His glory, and that was what mattered.... it wasn't about me, but about Him and His honour and glory and praise.

For some reason i felt that it was right for me to share this on my blog. Perhaps it is the most open i've been yet. But i wanted to thank God for the miracle He did in me and testify to it. When i remember this i feel again that anything is possible with God. I know too that my parents prayed alot for me during that time and it encourages me that prayer has so much power. I want to praise God for helping me those years ago and for His continual help now. It really was a miracle.

2 comments:

cherylzyx said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I experienced something similar in 2002.

I had PTSD and was at a very low point - practically unable to get out of bed and deal with life. One morning I woke up and without any effort got up and got ready for work. Throughout the day I realized I felt lighter and freer, I felt happy for the first time in a long time.

These feelings continued for the next several days without explanation and then I found out that a group of friends had prayed for me that night that things changed. I say that I was healed as I slept and as they prayed for me that night.

Here I am 6 years later and the hopelessness I'd gone to bed with that night in 2002 has never returned. I still had issues I had to deal with but God healed me from the hopelessness that I was experiencing and I was able to deal with those things.

I guess my point in all of this is to say that I absolutely agree that it was the power of prayer that changed my life. It taught me so much about prayer. My friends prayed for me at a time when I was unable to pray for myself, God heard their prayer and healed me. It gives me hope in my prayers for others.

There is power in prayer. Even if the one being prayed for isn't aware you are praying.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment.