Saturday, March 29, 2008

the little children

The ponderings of my heart.... only read at risk of entering into my confused head...
These days my heart is for children more than ever. I see them and i find myself crying gently with longing for their future to be good and untainted by this harsh world. I long to live in the innocence of childhood again myself. Is that wrong? Yesterday i read about a little girl who died simply by being in a car too long and overheating. It breaks my heart that the hope and life of a child can suddenly be taken away, and with that the dreams of a parent. I see children and wonder at the fact that once upon a time all the adults i know were just little kids too...... just little children with their own innocent and naive dreams, with their own longings.. even those who are now in prison, those who are on the streets with nowhere to live..... i think what breaks my heart most is the realisation that this is what our world is like... tainted and corrupt.... that all the little children will at some stage have their dreams broken, their hearts broken, will fall into sin like the rest of us..... and those who come to know Jesus will one day be alright, be healed, be restored, though even they will suffer for a while..... but what of those who never get to know Jesus? and in the end, no matter what, some will never know Jesus, because the Bible says so..... and i know and trust that God has it all under control, for His greater glory, which is what matters most...... but still sometimes my heart wonders, what of those who never know Him? who are left broken in their sin? my heart crys for them..... even now, it hurts so badly, what can i do? ..... i know, Jesus has done it all on the cross.... 'it is finished' were the words He said...... and He knows best, yes, He knows best........... yet i know too we are responsible to help Jesus in the task of saving some.

1 comment:

cherylzyx said...

This heartbreak you feel for those who don't know Jesus, it is the same thing that is on Jesus' own heart right now.

There is no greater desire than to see the lost saved. There is no greater knowledge of Jesus than to share in his grieving for the lost.

In this place of heartbreak you are sharing the emotions of God's own heart.