Monday, November 02, 2009

Glimpses


"The mind is the window of the heart. If we let our minds dwell on the dark, the heart will feel dark. If we open the window of our mind to the light, the heart will feel the light." - John Piper

I changed my blog title, in order to remind myself of the initial reason i started this: to encourage myself to focus on "whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious...." (Phil 4.18)  Sometimes this seems easier said that done, it's like our minds take on a life of their own and it can be hard to reign them in. At least that's what i find. At times i know my mind dwells a long way from the light, but despite that, i do have to thank God for the glimpses of light that He gives me. One day we will be fully saturated in light.... and i'm aching for that day... to be honest, i'd like to be saturated in light right now, but i will settle for glimpses, although i hope that those glimpses become deeper and richer and brighter each day.... glimpses that cause all darkness to flee. He does say that "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jer 29.13) and i know that is true. So, whilst i praise Him for glimpses of light... i will seek Him for floods...

No comments: