Thursday, July 09, 2009

Joy.

I believe that God has healed me from my epilepsy. It is a miracle and i am incredibly grateful and rejoice in what He has done. It has been a slightly strange healing process if i'm honest, and i've been pretty sick coming off my medication, but nonetheless i still believe i've been healed and praise God for that. 

But at the very same time i do feel like i want to be careful that i don't speak or act or think in a way which suggests my deepest joy is in the fact that i've been healed - rather than simply in God, for who He is, whether i'm well or sick. The thing is, although i am truly amazed and happy that God would be so merciful as to release me from the last 4/5 years of seizures - and although i want to tell everyone what God has done and how grateful i am - i know too that there are things which matter much more than being healed right now... it matters more that we actually know and love and trust in Jesus for eternity... it is more important to have joy in the beauty of His character and His greatness - to have joy in the fact that He has forgiven my sin and that I will be with Him forever - because however much God may have released me from this illness right now, i know that whilst on Earth we are always going to suffer to some degree or other, so we can't base our joy simply on circumstantial things - the deepest, truest joy is found in being satisfied in God alone.

1 comment:

KJB said...

When you say you have been healed and have come off your medication - did you make the decision to stop your medication yourself and in faith believe that God will prevent future seizures? I was recently diagnosed and the medicine is being used to keep me seizure free. I believe that God has allowed medicine to be created, and He can use it to address our medical issues. (I found you (your blog) through your comment on Piper's recent poem on the desiringgod.org website) My e-mail is kbuhrle@gmail.com