Thursday, July 05, 2007

Open mouths


This photo is entitled 'Afrique du Sud 1981' and is by Chris Perkins. I just saw it and it reminds me of a postcard i have on my wall, which i got in Thailand and love. It also reminds me of a very similar image i had in my head this morning... one of people i knew who were so thirsty they were desperately reaching out for every drop that came from the sky... in fact, i think it was raining honey! I don't know why i was thinking/day-dreaming about that this morning, but there we go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of thirst and water this evening myself in relation to some of the youth that we are working with in the church and I thought about the verses in the bible where Jesus says if you give a cup of water to someone who is thirsty it is the same as if you are giving it to Jesus himself.

"For I was thirsty and you gave me drink... Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me." (Matt 26:35&40)

Help us then Lord to give water to those who are thirsty.

deb said...

Amen to that! x