Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Because of His blood


"Look upon mine afflictions and my pain; and forgive all my sins." - Psalm 25.18

"David cries.. 'Lord, as for my afflictions and my pain, i will not dictate to Thy wisdom. Lord, look at them, I will leave them to Thee, I should be glad to have my pain removed, but do as Thou wilt; but as for my sins, Lord, I know what i want with them; I must have them forgiven; I cannot endure to lie under their curse for a moment.' - Spurgeon

"We must confess that we are 'nothing else but sin'.... but sin mourned and confessed, however black and foul, shall never shut a man out from the Lord Jesus. Whosoever cometh unto Him, He will in no wise cast out. Though dishonest as the thief, though unchaste as the woman who was a sinner.. though rebellious as the prodigal, the great heart of love will look upon the man who feels himself to have no soundness in him, and will pronounce him clean, when he trusts in Jesus crucified. Come to Him, then, poor heavy-laden sinner, come needy, come guilty, come loathsome and bare; you can't come too filthy - come just as you are." - Spurgeon

No comments: