Thursday, February 17, 2011

Let me sail..


I caught a glimpse of You today, as shards of light danced across the ocean, merging sun and sea into single sapphire dewdrops; it was a timely unison. A summer radiance overthrew yesterday's grey countenance, and every resident of that water-city seemed to sing with victory. For a moment, Your laughter was written into the face of the great deep.

When You withdraw, all pleasing colours fade from those waves, like blood that drains from a broken man's skin. They have no brightness of their own.. they are not whole... like a bride without her groom. With no metronome to tame it's song, the current writhes at the hands of fierce winds, like a restless troubled soul. It's breakers crash upon the rocks, unleashing heavy salty tunes.. and my own heart echos their cry, releasing heavy salty tears. We toss as one, the vast ocean and i... we utter sounds simultaneously, as we share our longing for Your rays again.

Yet today, as i gazed into the waters heart and You unveiled Your shimmering eyes, hope surged through the fragments of my soul. I heard a faint whisper of the voice that stills the waters; a faint promise that the day is not far off. And I burst with gratitude at Your faithfulness. But still my every fibre flows with yearning... I long to sail peaceful seas again, to let You calm my ocean. I wait in hope for Your voice that speaks to my depths and hushes mighty storms. I wait in hope for the gentle tide that draws me to You, my desired haven.

"He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." - Psalm 107.29-31


No comments: