Tuesday, March 16, 2010

'tis equal joy to go or stay...

"I can be calm and free from care
On any shore, since God is there.
While place we seek, or place we shun,
The soul finds happiness in none;
But with a God to guide our way,
'Tis equal joy to go or stay."

I read the above quote in Spurgeon's daily reading today.. and though it goes against my natural inclination and everything that i 'feel', for some reason i can whole-heartedly agree with this passage today... and truthfully say that i believe with God, it would be equal joy to go or stay...or at least that i believe it MUST be true, even though i don't 'feel' it to be so...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote Becky...love it! I also like the fact that Spurgeon likes to rhyme to! ha...MadsX

Becky Fox said...

ha... i know, the rhyming factor did make me cringe slightly, but it is a good quote... even though i didn't seem to remember the truth of it by the evening! xx