Friday, October 12, 2007

I wonder...

I wonder what was going through Mary's head as Jesus carried his cross and neared death? I wonder what the disciples would have thought, when it seemed like their hope of salvation was dying? Did they grasp that this was in fact the way to their salvation? Or did they mourn, thinking all was now lost? Did Jesus' enemies rejoice, thinking they'd won? I wonder if the madman thought he'd lose his sanity again? Or if the blind worried that they'd lose their sight, now that Jesus would be gone? Did anyone know that all was not as it seemed?

I wonder what Abraham thought as he led his son to his death? His only son, through which the promise of a great nation was meant to come. Did he doubt or wonder what on earth was going on? Did he fear he'd done wrong and the promise had been taken back? Or did he trust and know that God would still prove faithful?

I think i would have wept, thinking all was lost. I think i would have feared i'd done everything wrong and now what God had said would no longer come. I think i would worry, til my head was a complete wreck. I think i would forget all that God said.

"He who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10.23

No comments: