Saturday, February 24, 2007

...tea and cakes and naps...

I went to Market Harborough this week with my Dad, who was looking at a job (although he turned it down and we are staying in Worthing now), and i noticed real tenderness in the people who worked at the place he had his interview - they were all lovely and took good care of me. This one lady invited me back to her house for lunch, while my Dad had his interview, and then cos i was tired she made her daughters' bed up and let me have a nap in it. An hour later she woke me up with a cup of tea and a plate of cakes.. just like she was my own Mum. At the time it all just felt normal and i was completely at ease - she was just being kind to me and i was very touched. On reflection i found myself thinking 'did i really go to a complete strangers' house and just have a nap in her daughters' bed? - how bizarre!' But then that's what happens when you are with Christians i guess.. they are a part of my family and so it is just natural to act like they are your family... it's only when you look at it from a worldy stance that it seems strange! In reality it was an expression of tenderness, for which i am grateful.

2 comments:

deb said...

Well what a flippin relief! I'm glad your dad didn't get the job if I'm honest... selfish reasons completely! How long would I have to travel for Becky time if you went and moved!? x

Becky Fox said...

ha ha... it's all okay, cos there's no moving happening.. so you'll be blessed or plagued my presence for a while longer!! (it would have been about 3 hours or so to reach me, then the same back!..phew.) x